This was absolutely awesome with a bottle of Innocent Bystander. This was so creamy and tasteful that my husband and I both decided it was the best mac yet.
For those looking for a VEGAN friendly wine from Innocent Bystander, here is a source for the company’s official list, as well as a search place for other beverages you may have questions about :
- 1 pound of elbow macaroni (or any other noodle you like for mac)
- 2-3 cups broccoli, cut into small florets and baked for about 10- 15 minutes tossed in some olive oil and sea salt
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance
- 1/3 cup of all purp flour
- 3 cups of almond milk (or rice milk)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder or more to taste
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP agave syrup
To Make :
Boil your noodles via the instructions on the box. Rinse and set aside.
Bake your broccoli until just soft, but mostly still firm, you don’t want it to fray when you mix it in your noodles later.
Mix the Earth Balance and flour in a sauce pan on medium heat until combined. Mix in milk, yeast, tomato paste, garlic powder and salt. While whisking, bring to a boil. Let the sauce simmer until it thickens, stirring it often to prevent lumpy sauce. Add lemon juice and agave and stir. Pour noodles into a large bowl, mix in broccoli and sauce. Serve hot and enjoy ~