Sometimes I miss when my mom and I used to make turkey wraps for my school lunches. How easy it was, and how satisfying. As a matter of fact, I missed it so much that I made this equivalent vegan version, with no effort at all, really.
For the Spinach Dip :
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup veganaise
- 2/3 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
To Make Spinach Dip :
Preheat oven to 325
Place spinach in a bowl and squeeze the water out as much as possible, drain.
Chop the spinach, the onions, and the garlic.
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
Place in a small baking dish, and bake for 25 minutes, or until the top is speckled with brown spots.
For the Wraps :
- 1 package of spinach tortilla wraps, or any other flavor that you like
- 2 packs of different flavored tofurky (I like peppered and hickory smoked)
- 1 jar of roasted red bell peppers
- 1 small bag of baby spinach
- 1 container of vegan cream cheese (I typically use Tofutti’s garlic and herb)
- a few chunks of a Daiya cheddar block, if you’d like
Things I have also added: cucumber, green bell pepper, sliced onion, jalapeños, tomato, mushrooms
To Make :
Lie out a tortilla, cover it with an even layer of cream cheese. Put on your tofurky, I usually do about three slices thick all the way around. Put a few baby spinach leaves in, and lastly, put about 5 strips of roasted red bell pepper on, make sure that they are spread out, also put on any other vegetable, or vegan cheese you would like. I’d recommend not getting it too full though, you have to roll it pretty tightly.
Roll it up tightly, and press it down to make sure it wont flop open. Make sure you have everything packed in and pressed before you cut it into slices. Cut and enjoy with some spinach dip. These will keep for up to 3 days in your cooler so make a few at a time for a snack later.
I always serve the dip with Food Should Taste Good Jalapeño Chips, some blue corn chips, or carrots and celery, sometimes broccoli.
Another variation to this recipe that is delicious, swap the cream cheese for some sour cream and add salsa :