Whenever I make this, usually on Friday, it lasts the whole weekend. Pasta Salad has always been one of my favorite quick dishes. I’ve always thought it was delicious. I’ve always made it with at least a minimum of 5 vegetables, but this time I got carried away and just kept adding veggies. Turned out delicious.
* You can add anything you’d like and/or take away anything you don’t like. That’s one of the totally awesome things about this pasta salad.
- 8 oz. garden rotini pasta
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 small can of black olives
- 1/2 to 1 whole jar of green olives
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 to 1 whole can of chickpeas
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 to 2 cups of shredded purple cabbage
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 carrot, shredded
- Your favorite salad dressing, I used Italian
- 1/2 cup to 1 whole cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 to 1 whole cucumber, chopped
To Make :
Boil pasta according to package. Drain and rinse with cold water until the pasta is cooled completely.
Chop all of the vegetables you will be using, and mix with pasta in a large bowl. Mix with your favorite dressing until fully coated.
Cool for at least 2 hours before serving. I usually serve this with breadsticks.