For a vegan, I really don’t eat much salad. It’s a shame, actually. When I do enjoy a nice salad though, it’s usually something along these lines …
Basic ingredients I used :
- 3 -4 Gardein Chicken Style Strips, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup of whole snap peas, baked
- 1/2 carrot, cut into sticks
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 mini cucumber, chopped
- couple slices of banana pepper
- 1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 handfuls of lettuce or baby spinach, or another green of your choice
- dressing of your choice
You could also add chickpeas, dried cranberries, avocado, or any other vegetable that sounds nice to you.
Cook the Gardein strips, or any other meat substitute you like, as the package says, along with the peas until the peas are browned a little on one side.
Mix all of your other ingredients in a large bowl and toss with your dressing of choice. I usually go with a sesame dressing.
Top with Gardein strips and peas, and enjoy.